Thursday, June 26, 2014

Teaching Students about Close Reading

Even though I've been tempted to work on other projects, I started this a little while ago and am determined to stick with started projects until they are finished.

The Smart Start has two lessons on Close Reading.  ACT (Accessing Complex Text) is something that McGraw Hill Wonders uses for mini-lessons on Close Reading throughout the series.  Even though most of the information on this seems to be for the teachers, I felt that it is important to also explain these ideas to students, and then give them reference materials to use throughout the year.  A while ago when TpT was having a site-wide sale, I purchased several cute clip art sets from Scrappin' Doodles, including these detective monsters.  Since I paid for this clip art, I did set a price for this item that I added to my store, but my next Wonders project will be a freebie.

Teaching students about Close Reading of complex text.

No comments:

Post a Comment